How the electric fence system works!
- The system works by sending a high-voltage electrical pulse around a multi-wire perimeter fence, the potential involved may be on the order of 2,500 to 12,000 volts, the current is limited to a safe level and the actual pulse lasts only milliseconds.
- The source of the high-voltage electrical pulse is an electric fence "energiser"
- When an individual trying to breach the fence, comes into contact with the fence by climbing over/under, the "Live" fence will become part of an electrical circuit between the output terminals of an energiser, a high voltage pulse will flow through the body of the individual to the closest earth, leaving the perpetrator temporarily incapacitated.
- The strength of the shock depends upon the power available from the energiser, and the total resistance of the circuit.
- Electric Fencing not only offers effective protection but also a psychological deterrent, if the fence wires are deflected by vertical movement, contacting strands either side or cutting the strands, the system will cause a short circuit on the fence line, and trigger the alarm, giving an audible and visual indication of a fence breach.
- The fence controller is a monitored alarm system; the fences can be zoned for easier detection of breaching.
- False alarms are virtually non-existent, as the fence will only go into alarm when a concerted effort is made to break the perimeter security.
- Our existing clients have reported the system as paying for itself within twelve months of installation.
- To date this system has proven to be a very reliable and highly effective security system. In sites previously subjected to a number of attacks the system has eliminated all losses and in some cases removed the need for a resident security guard.
- The system is capable of protecting and controlling anywhere from one to 100+ zones each of 50-150 meters in distance. This provides a very flexible solution for most requirements.
Copyright © 2008 - 2016 , The Electric Fence Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Trademark, Copyright & Proprietary Information. Design & Development by The Electric Fence Company. Prepared in accordance with Section 51 of the promotion of access to information act No.2 OF 2000 ('the Act')